Manufacturers of Custom Playing Cards are a different breed of niche products that concentrate solely on the playing card segment wherein great care is taken to ensure that the playing card games and products churned out by the manufacturer are of a consistent color and shade as specified. Since stringent quality control methods go into making playing cards, and these playing card manufacturers who have a major advantage over other printers, and are a preferred production house for other printed paraphernalia that require utmost attention to detail over quality issues faced by normal printing houses. Just a very few playing card manufacturers worldwide are vertically integrated having all the processes in house for the manufacture of play cards as they are known in some parts of the world.Manufacturing playing cards is a tight process of special paper stocks for the creation of an ideal deck of cards. There are various methods that can be used for the manufacture but the normal conformation is the same worldwide for the manufacturing process.
1. Procurement of Paper and Plastic stock for the Playing Cards and the Packaging.
2. Pre press finalization of the economical stock size for custom playing cards and determining whether the final product is a Poker sized Bridge Sized or a special sized playing card.
3. Pre press proofing and then the plate making process for the same.
4. Printing which is the most crucial wherein colors have to be consistent throughout the sheet and have a crucial back to back print with a 100% accuracy, failure of which will lead to a disastrous effect down the line. In a usual print run with non manufacturers a whole lot of sheets escape the printer but the printed playing card sheets require a lot more supervision to ensure no hickies and variations as each deck is a product by itself.
5. Coatings are of a variable type and differ from manufacturer to manufacturer and as per job specifications where the client would require a whole lot of control of the stiffness slip and other processes.
6. The cutting is usually done in an automatic process where the cards are either push punched or individually cut by special dies and moulds to size where the sorting takes place to
7. Packaging is pre run before the cards are made and are either film laminated or UV coated as per the packaging specifications.
8. Post packaging consists of auto sealing machinery to secure seal the playing card pack it into the corrugated cartons and shipped.
Playing Card manufacturers have a great moral responsibility for ensuring non tampered playing cards for casinos and clubs alike. Paper Playing Cards are manufactured in a variety of stocks ranging from a 250 GSM ( Grams Per Square Meter) to 330 GSM. The professional playing cards are manufactured on a black core or black centered stock which prevents the pips or the suits to be seen when held against a strong light. Its not always necessary to have a black core or blue core if the cards have heavy.Read More